Monday, February 20, 2012

When the Chips are Down

I woke up this morning to the sound of my hotel room door breaking open.

 I pulled the gun I had hidden behind the pillow as Barry rushed into the room.

He stood across the room from me. We both had our guns raised, not moving.

"Hey Maurice."

"Call me Rachael, Barry."

"Its nothing personal Rach. I got ordered. Lover the gun, come on. I'm not here to kill you or anythign please?" pleading in his voice. Under orders.

It's Barry. And it is time.

"Just, let me tell everyone. Let me tell them that I'm going. Please, Barry?"

"Fine, you got ten minutes. Don't take too long though. Capo's pissed."

So it's time for the deal. In an hour and a half the deal will be done.

Barry...is a good man. I don't want any of you mad at him, okay? He's just as stuck as any of us.

I'll keep you updated as I can.

1 comment: